Terms and Conditions
1. By entering into this agreement, the vehicle owner or owner’s agent (hereinafter referred to as “Shipper”) warrants that they are the registered legal owner of this vehicle, or that they have been duly authorized by the legal owner to enter into this Agreement.
2. TVG Logistics (hereinafter referred to as “TVG”) will take orders online and over the phone. If an order is placed online the Shipper would have to accept the terms and conditions before placing an order. An order placed over the telephone constitutes verbal agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Once the shipping order has been received by TVG, you have acknowledged the terms and conditions and therefore all prior written or oral representation of TVG and constitute the entire agreement between Shipper and TVG and may not be changed unless in writing and signed by an officer of TVG.
3. TVG will to act as Shipper’s agent in dealing with Transporter (hereinafter referred to as “Carrier”) and to exercise efforts on Shipper’s behalf in arranging transport of the Shipper’s vehicle with carrier. TVG agrees to act as the liaison between Shipper and the carrier before and during transportation. TVG will not at any time agree to transport the vehicle in time for any particular event.
4. Every effort will be made to meet Shipper’s requested scheduling, however TVG will not guarantee pickup or delivery dates. Once a vehicle has been dispatched to a carrier, carrier delays in meeting estimated pickup and delivery dates may occur due to such unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to carrier schedules, traffic, mechanical failure or required repairs, inclement weather, and illness. TVG assumes no responsibility for non-use of Shipper’s vehicle, storage fees incurred by Shipper, nor will TVG pay for a rental car should Shipper’s actual pickup or delivery date not meet the Shipper’s requested schedule.
5. With regards to an inoperable vehicle,the Shipper must keep in mind that not all carriers have the extra equipment needed to transport inoperable vehicles. Therefore, the Shipper agrees to make full disclosure at the time the order is placed regarding operational status of the vehicle. TVG shall not be liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of Shipper’s vehicle. If TVG’s price quote was based on an operational vehicle and the order is placed for an inoperable vehicle, an additional fee of at least $150.00(minimum) will be charged and may vary depending on geographical location and condition of vehicle. The carrier’s minimum inoperable fees may be greater and will apply if warranted. The Shipper is responsible for preparing an inoperable vehicle for loading onto and off of the carrier’s trailer.
6. Shipper agrees to make full disclosure at the time the order is placed regarding modifications made to the vehicle. If TVG’s price quote was based on a factory standard vehicle and the order is placed for a modified vehicle (i.e. lift kit, oversized tires, dually), an additional fee may apply. If a modification is revealed at the time of pickup, Shipper will be liable for all extra charges, which must be paid prior to or at delivery.
7. Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, antennas, and non-permanent luggage or sports racks should be removed prior to pickup. Neither TVG nor the carrier is responsible for damage resulting from failure to prepare the vehicle for transport. Vehicle alarms should be disarmed or Shipper must provide carrier’s driver with the remote to silence the alarm. Vehicles should be tendered to carrier with no more than half tank of fuel. If the vehicle is too dirty to inspect at pick up, this will be noted on the inspection form and the carrier will not be responsible for damages on the vehicle.
8. Any personal items left in the vehicle are not insured. Vehicles are subject to inspection by the Department of Transportation, and/or State Police, and if explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, major household appliances, narcotics, negotiable legal papers, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, furs, money, articles of value, live pets, plants, or contraband are found in the vehicle, they will be discarded at Shipper’s expense and by any legal means possible by the carrier, Federal Highway Administration, and/or Department of Transportation. Carrier is not responsible for loss or damage to any item which was not factory installed as part of the vehicle. The carrier is not licensed to carry household goods and personal items and will not be responsible for any loss or citations as a result of excessive weight in the vehicle. Any personal items left in the trunk of the vehicle by Shipper are done at the Shipper’s risk and any costs, damages, sit time, or citations issued to carrier due to or caused by excess weight of the vehicle due to personal items will be the responsibility of Shipper.
9. Every effort is made to provide door-to-door service to Shipper. However, circumstances including, but not limited to weight restrictions, steep hills, overhanging trees, narrow streets, cul-de-sacs, and/or type of carrier equipment may inhibit door-to-door service. Shipper may have to arrange to meet a carrier at a legal and safe location as close as possible to the “door” in order to facilitate the pickup or delivery. Shipper should be prepared to provide clear and accurate directions to the carrier to enable the carrier to reach the pickup and delivery locations.
10. Shipper must provide a complete and correct address and telephone numbers for pickup and email addresses (if available) at the time the order is booked to avoid any added charges or delays. Shipper shall designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pickup if Shipper is for any reason unavailable. In the event Shipper is unable to be reached, the carrier reserves the right to cancel the dispatch. If a carrier reaches Shipper and arranges a pickup time and Shipper fails to appear at the designated place and time, the Shipper will be responsible for paying any dry run fee the carrier may charge. TVG is not responsible for any charge levied due to Shipper’s failure to provide contact information adequate to facilitate reaching Shipper or Shipper’s agent for pickup. If rescheduling is necessary due to shipper or the shipper’s designated contact failing to meet with the driver, a seventy-five dollar ($75) rescheduling fee will be assessed.
11. Shipper must provide a complete and correct address and telephone numbers for delivery at the time the order is booked to avoid any added charges or delays. Shipper shall designate a person to act as their agent at the point of delivery if Shipper is for any reason unavailable. The carrier will notify Shipper of the delivery a minimum of six hours prior to the actual delivery; however, Shipper must be available the entire day for delivery. In the event Shipper is unable to be reached a minimum of six hours prior to the anticipated delivery time, the carrier reserves the right to take the vehicle to a terminal at the Shipper’s expense. If a carrier reaches Shipper and arranges a delivery time and Shipper fails to appear at the designated place and time, the Shipper will be responsible for paying any dry run, storage, or redelivery charge. TVG is not responsible for any charge levied due to Shipper’s failure to provide contact information adequate to facilitate reaching Shipper or Shipper’s agent for delivery.
12. TVG “Nor” carriers will be held liable for damage caused by leaking fluids, freezing, exhaust systems, acts of God, or flying objects from the road or the sky. Customer must maintain insurance on said vehicle for this reason. In the event a vehicle is otherwise damaged during transport, the carrier’s insurance is the primary insurance. Shipper agrees to fully inspect the vehicle at both pickup and delivery and denote any and all damages on the carrier’s bill of lading/condition report BEFORE the driver leaves. Damage must be properly noted while the driver is still there, regardless of the time of day or dirty condition of the vehicle. Signing the carrier’s bill of lading at the destination without specific notation of damage shall be evidence of satisfactory delivery of the vehicle.
13. Shipper’s vehicle will be transported by a trucking company and the carrier actually transporting the vehicle shall be liable for any and all damage claims arising from transport. Shipper is responsible for getting an inspection sheet from the driver both at pick up location and delivery location. Shipper must do a walk around inspection with the driver at each location. Shipper agrees to release and hold harmless TVG from any damage claims. Upon request, TVG will furnish Shipper with name, address, and phone number of the carrier and provide a copy of the carrier’s Certificate of Insurance. In the event of damage, shipper is to provide TVG a copy of both inspection sheets from the pickup location and the delivery location within 24 hours after receiving vehicle at the delivery location. All claims are to be submitted directly to the carrier within 7 days of Shipper receiving vehicle unless noted otherwise on the carrier’s bill of lading. Any claims for damages not noted on the bill of lading/condition report will not be honored by the carrier’s insurance company. Department of Transportation regulations require that all claims be filed in writing and all tariffs be paid in full before claims are processed; therefore, Shipper agrees he/she will not seek to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset a dispute for damage claims. TVG will support you in filing claim against a carrier should a problem occur, but in no way will TVG accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier.
16. Payment is due at the time the order is placed. Shipper has a right to cancel with a full refund. In addition, TVG will not refund the Shipper if arrangements have been made with a carrier for the transport of Shipper’s vehicle(s), and Shipper has received notification of arrangements via written email message sent from TVG with the date and time stamp generated by the server.
17. All subrogation, litigation, or legal action against TVG Logistics must be filed in New York County in the State of New York. By executing this agreement, Shipper waives any and all rights to litigate elsewhere.